- Intelligence Type: Interpersonal, Verbal-Linguistic
- Value Language: Fame, Image
- Love Language: Quality Time
- Big Five: O_C^E^A-N^
- Withdrawer/Pursuer: Pursuer
- Birthdate: September 13th 1927
- Gender Identity: Female
- Pronoun: She/Her/Hers
- Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
- Mr Delacroix — husband, deceased
Focus: appearances, clothing, jewelry. She’s judgmental about brand and quality of tailoring. If you wear real stones that are inexpensive she’ll like you better than if you wear fake (or swarovsky) and are gaudy and ostentatious about it.
Breath: she breathes like a ballerina, and moves like one too.
Meaningful Movement: like a ballerina. She studied and taught ballet before she had Julien.
Appearance & Personal Style:
- What does she look like? Is their appearance expected or not? Why? Adele is a tiny, strong-willed, matriarch. She rules her family with an iron fist.
- Eye Color: Brown
- Hair Color: White
- Height: 5′ 2″
- Weight: 110lbs
- Bone Structure: Delicate/frail
- Skin Color: pale
- Hair texture: silky
- How much effort does she put into their appearance? A lot. Adele spends two hours getting ready every morning even if she isn’t going anywhere and doesn’t expect anyone to see her.
- What kind of clothing does she wear? Why? Adele wears beautiful clothing, clothing that makes her look and feel like a queen.
- Is her clothing bespoke? Off the rack? Thrift Store? Hand-me-down? Home-made? Her evening gowns are bespoke or made to measure. Her every-day clothes are tailored or made to measure.
- Could you guess their social status by their style? Yes. Adele wears her money in clothes and jewelry. Not necessarily ostentatious or inappropriate (she’s never overdressed and never underdressed), but you can tell by the quality and new-ness of her clothes that she’s got the means to support her lifestyle.
Bborn just before the great depression, worked very hard to marry big money so she wouldn’t have to work or starve ever again. She values luxury and she’ll hold on to her accustomed lifestyle of choice with everything she has.
Are you spontaneous or do you always have a plan? I always have a plan. Without a plan, there is no way to achieve your goals. I got where I am because I had a plan: find a wealthy gentleman with great intelligence and be irresistible to him, get married and have a son. Everything has gone according to my plan. Julien has successfully run his father’s business ever since he passed away. Adam and Kirsten are my only disappointments. How Julien could pick such unfortunate women and raise such uncouth children I shall never understand.
What would you wear if you were dressing up? A gown with matching accessories. Have you no understanding of what’s expected for social events?
How about if you were dressing down? I would wear a simple blouse and slacks, with black shoes and the pearls my husband gave to me upon our engagement. If it’s cold, or inside in winter, I would add a silk scarf and a cardigan. Outside, boots and coat and hat and gloves would be necessary, of course. In summer, the cardigan and silk scarf would be plenty for outside informal occasions.
Do you believe in soul mates? Gracious no. Love doesn’t really exist. It’s a fairytale made up to keep people satisfied with their lot in life.
What are your pet peeves? poor table manners, ungroomed individuals, tracking mud through the house, profanity, gracelessness, rudeness,
Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? A worried genius, because geniuses can live how they want. Simpletons litter the streets and live with the harshness of the political and environmental seasons.
Which is worse, failing or never trying? Failing is definitely worse than never trying. What’s the point of trying if you don’t succeed?
- Small town or Big City? Farm or Factory? Castle? Mansion? Hovel? Commune? Slum?
- Where do your characters come from? What planet? What Town? Did they grow up in a city or a wilderness?
- What are the influences of their culture of origin? Do your characters agree or disagree with their culture? Why?
- How is their lifestyle shaped by the place they grew up? The places they have lived in since then?
- Is your character financially stable? Can they afford to live the way that they do?
- Does your character routinely overspend? Underspend?
- Does your character have a budget? Are they a Scrooge or a miser? Do they give money away as if it grows on trees only to find they can’t pay their own bills?
- Do others believe your character has more money than they actually do? Less?
- Does your character save for emergencies? Why or why not?
- Does your character have arguments with their family, spouse, or significant other about money and what they spend it on?
- Does your character have arguments with their family, spouse, or significant other about how they earn money?
- What would your character do if they found themself in an emergency where they needed a significant amount of money in a short period of time? What would your character be willing or unwilling to do to get that money?
Adele is a charity socialite. She was a ballet dancer and teacher before Julien was born.
- If you’re on a train and you know it’s about to crash into a person on the track but if you pull the emergency brake the train will explode, do you pull the brake? Why? What if it’s not just one person but another train with twice as many passengers?
- Is euthanasia good or bad? Under what circumstances if any might it acceptable?
- What about abortion? Under what circumstances if any is that acceptable?
- What would you kill for? Why?
- What would you steal for? Why?
- What would you whistle-blow over? Why?
- Are there any of these hypotheticals that you think you would do one way but which you discover you actually make the opposite choice when you’re confronted with the actual circumstance?
- Are there any of these hypotheticals where you would change your answer if the other person involved were evil by your definition?